Sunday, February 18, 2007

Rebecca is praying for a miracle.

Rebecca is praying for a miracle. If she doesn’t get one she will probably die in a couple of weeks. She is a senior in High School who loves singing and performing in plays and musicals. It shouldn’t matter that she’s beautiful and intelligent, but she is. She has been cheerfully battling through grueling, painful treatments for years now. I don’t know what to say about this. Maybe there is nothing to say. But this is tragic. Maybe we are helpless to do anything for her. You can pray if you want. I’d like to ask you to think about making a contribution to pediatric cancer research. Maybe medicine can’t do much else for Rebecca, but there are other kids out there that there is still time to help. If you read the last few entries of her caring bridge site and you don’t feel like you want to do something, then fine. But I think you will and I think all of us could. Think about making a contribution and having one less dinner out, or one less Gaia jersey, or a few less cabs and more subway rides. You know what you can do. I’m not running a race or digging a hole or skipping rope against cancer. I’m just asking you. (If you really want me to run a race I will.) I contribute every year in Lindy’s honor and I’ve made a second contribution just now for Rebecca. I’d really like for you to consider doing something to help, in Rebecca’s name.

You can give to
St. Jude’s Hospital
or the
Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
or the
Leukemia Foundation
or
Alex’s Lemonade Stand

Please give this some consideration. I wouldn't ask you if this wasn't important to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you courtney.
as usual you are right on target.
pediatric cancer research is our best tool to fight these dreadful diseases.
thank you for all help you have given to "lindy's neuroblastoma research project."
we couldn't have done it without you.
love
mom