Monday, February 19, 2007

Not Exactly as Planned

Monday. Work. Run. What more can I tell you?

I charged
Nelson this morning for the first time in two weeks. He is incredible.

I am tragically over my jetlag. I hate mornings. I am not trying to be Garfield here, I am just being honest about my circadian rhythms. When I was jetlagged, I was getting tired early and getting up early. That was great, and I thought I could just hang on to it, but I couldn’t. I was happily working last night at midnight. Not tired at all. I could have plugged along a few more hours. I knew I had to make myself go to sleep so I could get up today. That was a struggle. I had to listen to them reading the book to me on the radio for a while. At that hour, it’s a modern aboriginal piece of fiction. I finally fell asleep. Still the wake up was unpleasant. Sooooo unpleasant. So I am tired and grumpus the first few hours at work and really just get going around 12 PM. What could I do that is noon to 11 PM instead of 9-8? That is what I should figure out. I think there would be a lot less fighting my nature in that lifestyle.

I had a disaster today playing plus/minus. I was running the 5K lap around the Royal Botanical Garden. I was 2/3s of the way done and up a few (mostly just chicks) when I was passed by the east German cross country team. They were all 6’4 and had haircuts like Ivan Drago. They were running like Mike Kelly from
Holy Cross in 1966. Just like that, negative 8. I vowed to get back to even by running a second lap. I stepped up the pace and got to negative four even though there were fewer runners out and it was starting to get late. I was pushing it and totally tasting my curry chicken lunch. Wait for it. You know what is coming. I was about a half a kilometer from the end of my second loop when--- they lapped me. Negative fifteen for the day. That was not what I had planned.

This will probably happen to me one day. Maybe that is why I am posting on the blog so incessantly. So you will keep checking on me. I have everything set up on autobill pay so it will be months before the utilities come looking for me, and even then they’ll probably just turn my account over to a collections agency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am thrilled with my self.
i knew what the minus plus system meant.
way to go me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your hoyas are now ranked 12.
go hoyas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is tomorrow moving in day?
love your blog.
sj