Monday, February 12, 2007

Not Much

Okay people: I cannot have something to say every day. Some days I’ll have very little to say. Today is one of those days. I woke up, went to work, worked and came back to the hotel. Woo woo exotic international lifestyle.

Apparently, I thought life was going a little to well for me so I decided to wear really uncomfortable shoes to work today. I think I have about 20% less skin on my feet now. Go me.

I ate lunch at what was essentially a mall food court. It was fine. I had a pretty standard salad. One Australian nuance is that salad bars here seem to pretty consistently offer roast pumpkin, which is not as common at home. It’s a nice addition. After lunch I felt compelled to try a product here that is called a “Puffy”. This is a crisp cookie that they fill with crème like a crème puff right in front of you. The process and contraption used is akin like putting air in a tire complete with the noise. The puffy was fine, and I’m sure incredible good for me.

Sorry, that’s pretty much it.

Note: Mom, some days I won’t have a post at all, which does not mean anything is wrong. Please do not contact the US embassy or the consulate.

One final note is a shout out to my little cousin Lucas in Kentucky who has been reading the blog and also finding Australia on the globe. Lucas is in to Tae Kwon Do. Lucas, I’m pretty sure you would have liked my trip to the aquarium this weekend. There were sharks and jelly fish. I’ll be sure to let you know when I go to see the Penguins and Koalas too.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Congrats on making the Ultimate Team; however, I never doubted that you would.
Talked with your Mom this morning and she is great. Caroline cooperated for the better part of 15 min.
A "winter storm" warning is in effect for us from tonight thru Wed. The forecast ranges from snow/sleet/freezing rain--only weathermen seem to see a major difference between the last two possibilities.
Your pumpkin on the salad bar reminds me of a series of books by Alexander McCall Smith-No.1 Ladies Detective Agency--they are set in Botswana, but they have numerous references to pumpkin throughout. Its a geat series for a quick and entertaining read!
Take care,
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Hey Court!
Congratulations on making the team! I like Boom Box also. I thought of Juice Box (how original - with 3 kids, that is the first thing I thought of!)It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Hope your job is going ok too! Take care!

Love, Janet

Anonymous said...

Courtney -

I am home on maternity leave (second daughter, Emily, born on 12/18). I am a little low on adult interaction, so reading your blog has been great entertainment. Thanks for sharing. Also glad that you ran into Elaine - I am sure it was good to see a familiar face.

Jenny M.

courtney said...

Hi Mrs. Corcoran. Thanks for keeping an eye on my mom. It takes a village. (I'm a big fan of the No 1. Ladies Detective Agency. Lynn and I both read the series.)

Janet, Please kiss Evan, Hayley and baby Lauren for me! I'll save juice box for someone on the team with little juice drinkers of their own.

Jenny! Long time! Congratulations on another darling baby girl. Doodlebug is a big sister now. How exciting. Thanks for checking in on me.

Anonymous said...

Kate and I think Batter's Box would be a good name. Or Boom box. Hope all is well. Things in Raleigh are fine -- Lindy scream hello while running naked through the house - Kate says hi with a smile - even though she is upset about homework -- only thoughts of aunt courtney could make her smile at homework time. We have a clock set for your time in the house so that we can be sure to call you around 5am. take care court.

robbie and kate

courtney said...

Robbie and Kate: Thanks for checking in. Good luck with the homework. I know you can do it. I'm not a huge fan of homework either, but it's one of those omnipresent factors. I'm doing homework too, so in a way we're together. Take care and tell Lindy I said "Hi" if she ever stops shouting.