Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oink Oink

Happy Year of the Pig. I went to Chinatown today to see the New Year festivities. There were crowds and loads of folks out. There were a lot of street vendors and dim sum on the road, which they call dim sim here. The best part was a group of traditional dragon dancers. You know how I love mascots. I decided the dragon (it looked more like a lion) was like a traditional Chinese mascot. It was very entertaining.

After Chinatown I went to 5 hours of practicein Faulkner Park. It was 40C, which is over 100F and very sunny with no breeze. I burst into flames several times. It wasn’t my best practice ever, but I played okay. We are working on a new junk defense that is man on the handlers and zone downfield. It seems pretty cool. After practice, I went to a 7-11 for Gatorade. You can’t get Citrico Vibrante or my current favorite, Purple Rain here. I had to settle for Blue Ice. I took the tram home and I am pretty worn out so I am just going to stay in tonight and work a little.

As predicted, the Hoyas beat Nova and moved into the lead in the Big East. They haven’t been this good since AI & I were sophomores. I think they were motivated by my leaving the country.

No comments: