Thursday, February 15, 2007

Read me a bedtime story

I am home in 901 eating some brussels sprouts. There is no better vegetable. These are raw and really spicy and I cannot stop eating them and therefore am burning my tongue. It’s nothing like the wing-off we had at the wing factory at AOL, but it’s pretty bad.

Somehow, my laptop and I have become enemies. He takes for-ev-er to boot up and just as long to open any application or file. I ran my virus scan and my Accenture eSupport ‘Laptop Checkup’. Both did nothing. I think maybe he just doesn’t like Australia. I wish he would get over it.

I made it to work today. Some days are better than others. This was one of those days that was not as good as the better days.

After work I caught the tram down to Faulkner park for Box practice. Practice was fun. We are working on an offense where we always get the disc off by 3 and there are a lot of short cuts. It’s like a 7 women homina. I am learning a lot. We threw, played what was essentially mini and did some drills. After practice, I got a beer nearby with a few of the girls and had some french fries. They seem really nice. I am going out with some of them tomorrow right after work. We’ll see, but there may be NO FRIDAY POST. I’ve been warning of this possibility, but it’ll seem like crying wolf if I don’t occasionally skip a day. I am getting a little addicted to ‘publishing’ every thought I have, however banal.

You know how I can’t fall asleep in silence and I rely on sports talk radio. I am a total addict. I miss the Yankees call in shows. They knock me out immediately. Some fool in November wants to know the batting order or if some AA prospect might move up to AAA this year. I haven’t found an Australian equivalent. I have found a radio station that reads books to you. I am having trouble following the story, because I fall asleep right away, but I like it nonetheless. I make up the parts of the story I don’t know. The current book is some French love story from the 1800s where both of the people are being aloof. Nothing at all seems to happen in this book (except the couple’s successful avoidance of each other) so I fall asleep right away.

I’m off to listen to a paragraph or two of that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Court,

The callers for the Yankee shows are no match for the folks that call in for the UK BB call in shows. No dear, I am not one of them!!! Take care. We love you.
David, Janet, Evan, Hayley & Lauren

P.S. I like the daily publishings.

courtney said...

Janet,

Thanks for keeping an eye on me via my blog. It makes me feel closer to home. Let's hope for a UK-GTown final in March! Give all the wee elders a kiss for me.

Tucker said...

sounds like madame bovary to me.

Anonymous said...

hey ck, i think it was david that blogged you.

courtney said...

ohhhhhhhhh! hi david. I just assumed it was Janet since she has been checking in on me. glad to know you are here too!