Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hot Block

Oh man. My new block is great! There is a police station at the end of the block (Mom). Across the street from my apartment building and down the street about 20 yards is this little side street full of cafés. I ate dinner at a great one last night and have already identified several more I want to try. There are also a couple of bars right on my street, although they may be a little ‘club/lounge’ and I am a little more ‘pub/dive’. (I have not found an equivalent for Blue & Gold just yet.) There is also a 24 hour shop on the corner that is pretty much a bodega. This will be crucial for my survival.

Oh yeah, all those cafés: They serve brunch! There is nothing I enjoy more than a good brunch. I will be searching for a good bloody mary this Saturday prior to doing my taxes. Woo Woo.

I am just sick about this: My ambush teammate Emma tore her ACL. Emma could not be a sweeter girl and is a great person and a hot little player. This is a big injury and she’ll need surgery and a lot of rehab. With J-Christ, Brenda and now Emma, Ambush is running at 1 per year for this devastating injury. (You could go 4 for 4 if you go back to Pauline.) Here’s wishing Emma all the best in her recovery and also wishing that the Sports Therapist could come up with some exercises to prevent this injury.

I met my boss today. He seems really nice. I think this is some mild progress.

I got the electricity turned on in my apartment. It’s even better with the lights on and the stainless steel fridge running.

It looks like I won’t get my stuff delivered until next week. We’ll see. I’ll keep you posted.

Tomorrow I have a BBQ to attend.

Lynn, I found the boomerangs in a tourist shop, do you really want one? I’m afraid that if I mail it to you it will just come back.


ps: More proof that everyone hates clowns.

6 comments:

Paige said...

Oh, I love a good boomerang joke.

By the way, the US Postal Service attests to the fact the CMFK rocks!

Paige said...

That should have been "the fact THAT CMFK rocks!"

carry on

Anonymous said...

Courtney, your neighborhood sounds great. Glad to hear they invented electricity there. Love, Dad.

Anonymous said...

We got your letter today. Yea thank you. I am just happy you found the boomerangs. I would hate my reality of AU to not be true. We Americans know everything. Lynn

courtney said...

Paige, That is great! I just wanted you guys to know I am thinking about you and sending you good vibes from as far away as I can get.

Dad, i have been watching Letterman every night since they turned the electricity on. I am afraid this is just like home.

Lynn, That was pretty quick. Glad you got the letter. Can you believe all those Lindys? Kate should be all set for her birthday now.

Big Baller Woolf said...

Well, New Kid on the Block. give my regards to Joey, but watch out for Donnie...I think he works at the bodega with Danny! And if you missed it, Joey almost won Dancing with the Stars this year...but does it really matter because now you're the hottest thing in Pop Culture Ms. Courtneyspondence!