Friday, February 16, 2007

Long Term Accommodations Update

I’m moving in to my apartment next Wednesday, February 21.

Here’s my new address:
301/238 Flinders Lane
Melbourne Vic 3000
Australia

Let the flood of care packages burst forth!

I had sushi today for lunch. Australians serve sushi roles uncut and just eat them with their hands in one hotdog sized piece. It seems a little lazy to me and I guess I’d prefer them sliced, but when in Melbourne… (Anyone know from Japan which way of serving the roles is more authentic? Amy? Ben? Alex?)

From all the news I am getting from back home it seems I am missing one hell of a winter. I hope you are all warm and getting in some games of snow disc. Wrap up in a blanket and get some hot cocoa and get on the couch to watch the Hoyas beat up on Villanova this Saturday at Noon. I’ll be listening to the game on internet radio. Hoya Saxa!

I’m off to the Mountain Goat Brewery in Richmond, which is just east of Melbourne. I’ll be taking one of my beloved trams (#75). I’ll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ck.
the orbit gum will soon be making its way to you down under.
the girls would also like to come.they are so tired of the ice. i watched them bboth slide down the back past the pasture and they nweren't even going there.
have a beer for me. love
sj.

Amy Cooper said...

Hello dear,

I just read every line of your courtneyspondence (including the frisbee details... on friday night... livin la vida loca). It was way funnier than anything I could have watched on TV (b/c I don't have cable- ha ha) or in a comedy club (even laughing lizard). I read a lot of it to Simon who says hello (trans. 'Howaya').

I also love good aquariums, and watching jellyfish behind glass MIGHT be okay.

Reading your blog reminds me of your first days in Dublin (sleeping in hats w/socks on hands...). I miss you!

It was -18 F here today with the wind (I am wearing my black marshmallow/sleeping bag coat a LOT- quite the fashionista).

Love,
Amy

courtney said...

oh man. both mom and amy are freezing and it was 40C/100F here today. feast or famine i guess. stay warm humans. unless you are too warm, then cool off.