Monday, February 26, 2007

Feedback

Hello there. I am seeking some feedback. Did you get something at the 29 Firesale? Let me know how that is working out. Did you wear that item? Read that book? Sell that skateboard?

Also, thoughts on luring pigeons or other birds to nest on my window sills are welcome. I miss checking on the pigeons every day. Maybe I will steal a penguin from Phillip Island like what happened at that
British zoo.

Today’s Australian nuances: TBD (to be determined) is always TBC (to be confirmed). The season is always called ‘autumn’, never ‘fall’. “How are you doing?” is “How are you going?” This is like Kenneth Good visiting the Yanamomo, the way I can exist in these two disparate worlds. I’ll be turning this blog in as my ethnographic field notes. Simon, can you get me a grant?

I have been running a little more since I got here and my hips have been a little worse since I got here. I am thinking I need to find a pool so I can run a little less and swim a little more. I will keep you posted on that. Ugh. I am not excited about that.

I may finally be getting all my stuff delivered this Wednesday. At this point I can’t even imagine what could be in all those boxes. I know it’s not stuff I need (except for Deirdre). Possessions are such a burden. The Buddhists are on to something, just for laziness sake.

I don’t have cable in 301 so I haven’t been watching CNN international since I moved out of the hotel. This has significantly improved my life. CNN international has terrible programming. It is diluting the brand.


Now I watch the main public channel, Channel 10. It has David Letterman, and Lost, and My Name is Earl and House and CSI Miami, but not New York. It also has this INCREDIBLE music video show. I forgot how good it used to be when MTV played videos. The show is 30 minutes or so. Let me tell you what the videos where from the end of the last show I saw:
1. Creedence Clearwater - Looking out my Backdoor
2. Lenard Cohen – First we take Manhattan
3. Tom Waits – In the Neighborhood
4. Lou Reed – No Money Down
I am not kidding. I could not make this up. It was incredible. I didn’t even think that Tom Waits video existed. I bet you could start watching MTV right now, and watch it ceaselessly for the next year and not see those 4 videos. And that is exactly what I recommend you do. Staring right now: Quit your job, order some take-out and keep me posted on your progress. First person to see all 4 wins. Good luck.


As long as I'm launching contests here, lets issue one more challenge. I've been itching to use Webdings ever since I saw that this was one of the fonts that blogger provides. Here is today's Webdings scramble. Good luck: Pointless. .
~C M F K
(CMFK)

2 comments:

amy said...

Whew, I was definitely worried with your lack of posting. :) Glad you're back on track!

Anonymous said...

The orange skirt I picked up at your firesale has made it down to Buenos Aires, and if you check out the photo on Brian´s blog of me throwing a frisbee you will see it prominently featured.