Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Reunited!

Deirdre is all in one piece. She works great. I'm thrilled.

I had the best night in Melbourne yet last night. I hung out with an awesome girl from TeamBox and her boyfriend. Jess is a Physics PHD with sic speed who makes a lot of our long cuts. She showed me a bar close to 301 called Hell's Kitchen which made me feel at home. The bar has Cooper's Pale Ale on tap and is a close to a dive bar as Melbourne can afford.

Then we swung by 301 where she suggested letting the air out of the front wheel and pumping it back up, which saved the day and allowed me to put the front wheel back on. Apparently all you need to reassemble a bike is a Physics PHD. Maybe I would have studied harder if I'd known that.

Then we went out to dinner at a great Tapas place also about 1 minute from my apartment. We were joined by her boyfriend who is Luc Longely's cousin. No joke. The Tapas was great and then he showed us one more great little open air bar on one of Melbourne's many 'little street' alleys. I'll be heading back to all three places when I have a little more time.

Tonight is Team Box Practice and packing for Tasmania. I'll be flying out Friday after work and back Monday evening as Monday is the end of summer Labor Day holiday here. I'll be checking out Tassie (as it is called by Australians) for an extra day after the tourney. I have 1 day to explore an Island the size of Ireland. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

amy said...

Ahh!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND TEAM BOX AND HAVE FUN!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you come back.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at Regionals! Your place looks amazing. I can´t wait to see pics of CMFK tearing up the Tazmanian ultimate fields. What box name did you pick for your uniform?

Anonymous said...

go team box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go ck

sj

courtney said...

amy, christ, ali & mom, thanks for the support and well wishes. it obviously worked! (my box name is Boom, but we actually didn't get them on our jerseys after all because that made the printing too much more, so i'm still good ol 55.)