Sunday, March 25, 2007

My genius is globally understood.

I'm known to have my struggles with Daylight savings time. I won't tell the story again here of the brick through the windshield, but if you know it, you know it. Frankly, I think it's normal to struggle with this. They are CHANGING TIME for goodness sake. Moving time! If that was possible or fair, wouldn't we all do that all the time? Time is not supposed to jump around. If there's anything I've learned from bad sci fi movies, it's that time travel is not possible.

Nonetheless, I knew this weekend was the change for Daylight savings time. Saturday night I dutifully chanted "Spring forward, Fall back" while I went through 301, chaing my clocks from Midnight to 1 AM. Alarm clock, kitchen clock, cell phone, etc.

Today I got to Team Box practice at 12:30. No one was there. I was early. Two hours early. That's right. I went the wrong way. Since they are getting ready for autum here, I should have fallen back from midnight to 11 PM. Instead, I sprung forward, so I was two hours off for practice today. Go me.

Signing off now, your faithful (ever confused) Courtneyspondent.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, we've decided to manipulate time even FURTHER over here, and they moved the daylight savings time from this week to three weeks ago. So besides the normal confusion, none of my newfangled clocks that "set themselves" wanted to change. The cable and TV didn't change at all. I changed my computer clock, but it kept changing back - and at very uneven intervals - sometimes the next day, sometimes 3 days later. I didn't get it. Luckily, I figured out how to manually change my alarm clock after the first week. But I've got to tell you...I've been drinking a lot more than usual over the last three weeks. It's the only way I can cope. Otherwise, I'd be but a shell of my former, pre-messed-up-stupid-daylight-savings-crippity-crap self.

Den.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should move to Arizona. They don't do Daylight Saving Time or leap year there. Dad.

Anonymous said...

good morning. how was box practice?
beautiful day here and someone came and looked at the house.
yea. they have horse and dog.
GO HOYAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOYA SAXA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HALF TIME SCORE FROM FIRST GAME IS FLORIDA 40
OREGON 38
SJ

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately there is definitley some gnaully blood in your veins.I have been known to do that and I didn't even move to a different country. We have been cheering for the Hoyas and anxiously awaiting the announcement of the new coach for that school in Lexington. Madison loves basketball and is enjoying watching the Hoyas.
Mary

amy said...

I think you and daylights savings were not meant to be.

courtney said...

Dennis - Oh man! I love it. That is fantastic. I love it when 'effort saving' things are so complex they don't save any work and create lots of new work, like clocks who think they can set themselves, but really cannot. One example I deal with daily is microsoft word's auto correct. At Accenture we abbreviate a lot of things to "Acn." which Word thinks is "Can" and corrects. Thanks word. You are so smart.

Yes, Dad, I SHOULD move to Arizona. hmmm... problem is i moved to Australia to escape Americans, now if i move to escape DLST, it'll seem like I'm just running from my problems and i don't want to give that apperance, however accurate.

Mom, as always thanks for the sports scores and pet updates. I'm just glad you don't charge by the exclamation point.

Aunt Mary! Please tell Madison I said hello. I know her cheers are helping. Any news on the Coach for U of K? Is it David Gnau? He knows everything they should do, just ask him. They could start a Father-son coaching dynasty like at GU.

Amy, your understatements are like compliments.

free berde said...

THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD! I ACTUALLY JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD (and I'm sitting alone in my apartment...)
I miss you CMFK!