Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cashews, Pecans, Almonds

Things have been nuts. Work is very busy and leaves no time for Yahoo! or Courtneyspondence. No DSL installed yet at home means I am incommunicado avocado.

Do not be concerned. All is well. I had Team Box practice on Thursday and afterwards we went to a great casual bar with an open courtyard for a few beers. They were serving gourmet pizzas for A$4. I think that place will be a regular post-practice stop.

On Friday after work I went out for Korean barbeque. I was pretty amped since I love Korean barbeque at home and I figured this would be even better because we are so much closer to Korea. It was just okay. I’d probably say most of the places on the West 30s at home are better. I was especially disappointed that while the menu listed both O.B. and Hite the only beer they actually had was Heineken.

Today (Saturday). I went for a run, had some brunch, did some shopping, did more unpacking and did some work. On my run, I ran down the Yarra on my way home. I thought I saw some plastic bags floating in the river. As I got closer, it looked like the bags were swimming, which is atypical, even in Australia. Upon closer inspection I realized that they were jelly fish about the size of grapefruit, tons of them. I’ve never seen jelly fish in a river before, so I found this pretty odd. I had never considered jumping in the Yarra before, but now I am fully deterred.

Sunday Team Box is scrimmaging against the two other women’s teams in town. That should be really fun and I am looking forward to it. This is our last weekend practice prior to Regionals in Tasmania next weekend. I can’t wait to have a tournament weekend and to spend some time seeing more of Australia.

I have just a few minutes here to post some of the photos I took of my apartment. Hopefully the cliché will hold true and these will count for thousands of words. Have a great weekend.

My living room/den:




Note Deirdre still in pieces in the background. :(

2 comments:

Paige said...

Is that an apartment? That you rent? Are those glasses and stuff on the shelves? Do those chairs match? What's going on here?

courtney said...

I know. It is nuts! Totally nuts! It is super furnished. Tones of wine glasses and kictheware. All of the furtniture is custom and fixed to the floor and nothing in the entire apartment is from Ikea. It is like living on another planet.