Monday, March 5, 2007

Dominator

Team Box is awesome. Sunday was an excellent day. We met up and had a good warm up session. Then we scrimmaged the two other local women’s teams, one of which came second in Australian nationals last year. We beat both teams handily. We were down 1-4 to Ishtar and came back to win 9-5. We beat Honey 13-6 but it wasn’t that close. Everyone got lots of touches and played well. I was called into a lot of strings and played well. I got to play a lot of short deep too, which is a key position in our ‘cowgirl’ junk defense scheme. It was a really fun time and the team got to know each other better. We went out for beers after the games to celebrate. I could not have had a better day.

(Work was very busy today. Typical Monday. It was a gorgeous day in Melbourne.)

5 comments:

courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hi there. sounds like a great weekend. will you be bringing team box to a turny in poolsville?
dinner?
did you get any mail from myersville yet?
go box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy said...

Sweet! I'm glad you're having a good time with Team Box and maybe you can share with us all that you learned when you come back.

Amy Cooper said...

Hmm... living as I do the self-centered life (contrast it with the Purpose-Driven life), I assumed I was the only Amy you know. Now I might have to identify myself as Amy C. like in kindergarden. For what it's worth, I did purchase two flavors of Orbit just for you the day after you gave your address! They are sitting by my keyboard RIGHT NOW. i think of you when I see them. Simon told me not to mail them b/c he wants to include an item that has yet to be constructed.

This is pretty long and probably classifies as private mail but I'm a rebel. BTW I'm sorry for your loss, but Bloody Marys are creepy. Drinks should not be salty, so Australia gets an A+. How about a lovely Bellini?

randomly yours- amy

courtney said...

perhaps i will distinguish you by calling you aymee, as the other amy, amy chou, is also amy c. problematic. also, we are breaking up. we are not friends any more. don't blaspheme the bloody mary. i love them like little else in this world (puppies, roller coasters, sleeping late, allen iverson). in a word they are top tier and i will not hear critism on them. fingers in ears now, shouting the flinstones theme as loud as i can.