Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wineries and Wildlife Sanctuaries

Whew! I am totally exhausted. I am pretty sure my parents are as well. They should just about be back home now. I hope the trip home went smoothly. I have a killer cold. Now I am wondering if all those illnesses after Christmas are really Kate and Lindy's fault or maybe Barb and Mike are suspects as well.

Last weekend my parents, my aunt & uncle and I went to the Yarra Wine Valley. On Saturday, we toured 4 of over 60 vineyards and tasted lots of wine. They grow a lot of Chardonnay and Shiraz here due to the cooler climate, as was explained to me by our tour guide. We all had a good time. (It all pretty much tastes the same to me.) On Sunday, we went to the Healesville Animal Sanctuary for their birds of prey show and a view of Kangaroos, Koalas and Tassie Devils. Monday I went to work and my parents had a quiet day of souveniring and hitting the pubs. Here's some photos from the weekend. If you just can't get enough of Barb and Mike overseas be sure to check out my Flickr account where all of the photos from the week are uploaded.


Inside the Vault at Domian Chandon. This is essentially Champagne (Made from the same grapes, using the same process) but not from the Champagne Region, so they have to call it sparking wine.
The tasting area at Domain Chandon was magnificent
Can you find Mom and Uncle John sampling the wine?
Flying Fruit Bats!
A Wedge Tailed Eagle!
Barb near a Wallaby
A little braver with this sleeping one
a big roo
barb and mike in front of a group of roos
Koala!


Okay, more soon. For now I need to get back to soup, juice, and sleep.
I can't move on without a huge shout out to my Girls on Ambush for making Nationals in Sarasota this year. Tear it up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gret job Courtney! I feel as though I was there too.

Nahkia

amy said...

Hope you feel better soon!