Sunday, October 14, 2007

Erinus

This weekend I was reminded how much fun it is to go running with a head cold. Negative 147 fun. That's how much. Ew. Still sick.

I also bought plants at a Royal Botanical Garden sale for my window box. I got a Begonia and some lavender and something called Erinus. I didn't really know how to get them out of the pots they came in. Maybe you are just supposed to put those pots in the ground. I got them out, but by pulling, which the plants can't enjoy. We'll see if they live I guess.

Today I did the Melbourne Romp, a sort off electronic texting trivia contest with no clear beginning, end or purpose. I had fun hanging out with Cath and Nicki, but the whole thing could have been drastically improved by binge drinking if I felt a little better. Sober, it was like one off those quizzes a high school librarian gives to see if you can use the card catalog correctly, but on a city-wide scale. It was a gorgeous sunny day.

In the NFL this week, my two favorite teams will meet in a loser bowl. The only good think about this is that one of them will probably get a win, unless it's a 0-0 tie, which i think the Jets and Eagles are both capable of. I'm also waiting to see TO tear into Romo after the Pats beat the Boys. TO will attack him like AIDS attacking a T cell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry you are sick.
the plants sound like they will all like your window box. you can usuall get the plants out by rolling them gently on their side and getting them loose from their little pots.
your eagles won. packers won, not a pretty game. washington was worse.
uk beat lsu. louisville beat Cincinnati , g-town lost, holy cross won.
the new standings are:
ohio state
south florida
and i can't remember the rest except uk is seventh.
hope you feel better soon.
thank you again for a wonderful visit.
love
sj