Sunday, February 10, 2013

Here comes the sun


I need to let you know that the reason I am giving this girl (Grace) in my family 8 greeting a weak sauce, one-armed hug on the ASYV blog is because I am holding the family 8 banner with the other hand.  Otherwise, it would have been a full-on bear hug.  I just had to clear that up.



Since you asked, I'll let you know that  Megatrade has been suspiciously quiet.  I can only assume they are working on chartering a jet to get my replaced coffee mug to me as soon as possible.  Hey my Scripps pals, if you are in Nashville, please go by their office and get me a status update. Thanks!

Big time, Timmy Tim, I guess all things have to change but this news just about broke my heart:

I watched the Super Bowl from Rwanda's only mexican restaurant from 1:30-5:30 AM.  I was excited to watch sports for the first time since arriving here but soooo tired.  There was a decent ex-pat turn out at Meze Fresh.  I was glad the Ravens prevailed.  (Sorry Julie).  The weirdest part was that the international feed of the game was on some weird ESPN cable that did not have all the typical commercials but instead showed spots promoting bowling, boxing, and bass fishing, the 3 Bs of cable sports I guess.

There is a new solar panel here in the village.  It provides energy to the village and also a surplus to sell back to the grid, making the whole operation more sustainable and more financially independent.  Also we might be on CNN's the Next List for our big new solar panel.  I'll let you know.


No comments: