Saturday, February 23, 2013

Things I Thought Would Be Difficult to Find in Rwanda: A Photo Essay


Iced Coffee and Chocolate Cupcake: The "cupcake" was pretty gross (had a garlicky taste?!?!) and cost 1200 RwF ($1.81). The Iced coffe was 1400 RwF ($2.12) and had lemon seeds floating in it somehow.


Sensodyne Pronamel Toothpaste:  Yeah I am really roughing it.  This was kinda expensive at 4700 RwF ($7.12) but I can't really remember how much it costs at home.

 Vaseline Body Lotion: 5450 RwF ($8.26).

Colgate Total Toothpaste: 2100 RwF ($3.18)

OB Tampons Original 56 pack for 6900 (RwF) (~$10.38).

In sum, pretty much anything you would need, you can get here.  Really.

The only exceptions so far that I find myself missing are are good chocolate, dryer sheets, and cheap sunscreen.

1 comment:

courtney said...

Chocolate, dryer sheets and sun screen: three things Keri hit out of the park with her box. Thanks!!!