Sunday, February 10, 2013

A qualified defeat...




As predicted, the pushup contest blew up in unpleasantness. 

I had been up for pretty much 3 days straight planning and facilitating the leadership retreat (excuse).  

We held the pushup contest and I lost 80-36. (80-66 with the spread). 

The results were hotly contested because a pushup is not an easy thing to define and not as black and white as you might think, or as I had thought. 

Your faithful blogger did slow pushups with good form and nose to the grass all the way to locked elbows.  In my opinion, and in the opinion of several attendees (who, in full disclosure, might well be biased towards me) the 80 done by the victor were quick, jerky little pushups that neither went to the ground or fully extended to straight arms.  The consequences are bad feelings all around and an implicit agreement never to speak of pushups again in the village.

No comments: