Friday, September 28, 2007

The Eagle Has Landed

Everyone is here safe and sound. I got a voice mail from my mom when I woke up this morning that my Mom and Dad and Aunt Vicki and Uncle John have all arrived and are in Sydney. I was glad to hear that they did not have to divert the plane for an emergency landing for any reason.

They will be touring around Sydney for the weekend and then my parents will fly to Melbourne around 9 PM on Sunday evening. Then the real fun will start. Aunt Vicki follows with John on Tuesday and we'll all be driving down the great ocean road on Wednesday.

I went to a classical piano performance last night and had a really nice time.

Today is Grand Final day, which is like Super Bowl Saturday and the whole city is going nuts. All the hotels are full and downtown is buzzing. I'm not going to the game, but I'll watch it on TV with some friends. Sorry if I've already told you this, but whenever you cheer for your team here you use the article. You might say, "Go The Hawks!" It's very formal. Give it a try, "Go The Mets"! (Are the Mets going to miss the playoffs now? Sad.) The Grand Final today is between the Geelong Cats and the Port Adelaide Power (who wear teal uniforms). I like Geelong as I went to see them back in June with Joy & Hussey in their local stadium. I think we inspired them to greatness.

Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Courtney. I miss you. I talked to Grammy on the phone before she left - she sounded excited. I am on number 13 of Lemony Snickett. Thank you for the series - I really enjoyed it.

Love You Kate

Aunt Courtney - I miss you. I hope soon that you'll be back. But right now we can send letters to you.

Love Lindy

courtney said...

Girls! It is so great to hear from you. I will take good care of Grammy while she is here and I'll see if I can find something for her to bring back for you.

Kate, I thought you might enjoy the series. I'm glad you did. I'm so proud of you for reading all of those books.

Lindy, Thanks for your letter. I hope school is going well. I miss you too! I heard you were feeling a bit sick and I hope you feel much better soon.