Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spring and Sport

Hello. I know you're all on the edge of your seat about the AFL finals. The Grand Final is next Saturday. It'll be the Geelong Cats against the Port Adelaide Power. Go Cats!

This week was fine. Work. Sleep. Repeat.

On Friday, I went to a commitment ceremony at Town Hall for Joy and Hussey. Everyone had a good time.


More on TV, (the trend here is that I have been writing these post from the couch in front of the TV.)

If someone was trying to design and direct a Television show for me to become deeply addicted to, they could not have done a better job than Raising Baby. If the apartment were burning down I still might try to make it to the end of the episode before I evacuate. This show is a different baby wild animal being raised every week. I have seen Seal and Gorilla. eeeeeeeeeeeee! I have e-mailed to volunteer to raise the baby polar bear so hopefully they will get back to me soon about that.

In some ways the culture here is more conservative. If they find out a politician has ever gone to a strip club for a bachelor party they want his head. At the same time, I just saw a subway commercial that said regular fast food (McDonald's) gives you a Badonkadonk Butt. Can you say that on TV? Californication is on regular prime time TV here with all the language and nudity. What gives?
They are also running ads on TV supporting television ads. Do you know what I mean? It's an ad for ads, saying that TV ads raise awareness about your business. No really? I hope this is followed by and ad supporting ads for ads.

My parents arrive in Melbourne on Sunday. We'll be seeing the Great Ocean Road and the Yarra Wine Valley. More on that soon. Until then I'll be watching 20-20 cricket, the rugby world cup, the women's world cup (possible semis showdown between the US and Australia) and Davis cup tennis. Have a great week.

1 comment:

HurricaneK said...

I'm sure you already know about this, but:

http://www.reuters.com/news/video/videoStory?videoId=67128

OMG dying! Dying of cuteness! Please kidnap Mick and bring him back for me.