Monday, September 17, 2007

Important Things

Just when I think I have nothing else to tell you I get two questions like that. Wow. I have been leaving out some critical topics. That’s why this is a dialogue.

First. TimTams. A TimTam is probably the pinnacle of Australian contribution to global culture. The cookie is two chocolate wafers the consistency of a thin mint without the mint flavor. The two cookies make a sandwich with a chocolate mousse cream that is then dipped in milk chocolate. The best way to eat a TimTam is to bite off both ends and drink milk through your TimTam straw. Most bars will give you a TimTam to drink your Baileys through as well. TimTams are sold in single serving 14 cookie packages.

Next CSI. I love how ridiculous it is. They’ll do anything. They have no qualms about insulting the viewers. The crux of the show is that some piece of evidence solves the case. So the dead body will have insect eggs from an insect that is going extinct and only exists in one town where only one person lives. Or the body will have roe on it and it will be a kind served at only one sushi place in New York and the killer is a sushi chef who was still covered in roe when he went on a murderous rage. Once I know an episode is on I cannot look away until the ridiculously specific clue is found. I love that basically the same show is supposed to be three shows: New York, Miami and Las Vegas. I’m waiting for CBS to create four more to round out the week. CSI Edmonton would be good. What about a CSI Cincinnati that only solves the crimes committed by the Bengals? Or a CSI Lake Wacamaw where no crimes are committed and they use evidence to give parking tickets and high school detention. What about CSI Bombay? That might actually be interesting.

More on TV: do you guys have the Snickers ads with Mr. T?

These totally crack me up. Get some Nuts. He looks exactly like he did on Silver Spoons in 1982. Does he sleep in a cryogenic chamber?

Survival update: the Bears got me through to week two, though the Steelers would have worked out as well, obviously.

Cricket is back on here in the middle of the night. WooHoo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to share your CSI comments with David, who is a big fan. I watch the Las Vegas one, but I can't cope with the other two. You're right it is ridiculous. Personally, though, I'm fond of pretending I don't know this. That way, when the clue comes up and I figure the whole thing out, I can pretend that I'm really really smart.

It's the little things. The very, very, tiny little things, really.

Den.

Kimberly Kay said...

I LOVE the Mr T ad! It reminds me of a urban legend here in Chicagoland... Mr T used to live in Lake Forest - a very snobby/expensive/"old money" part of town that attracts many local celebs. Anyway, when Mr T moved in in the 80s and proceeded to angrily take a chainsaw to down all of the trees in his yard. This sparked a "don't cut your old trees down" ordinance that is still in effect today. I pity the fool who doesn't love Mr T.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Courtney. It's Kate. I miss you. Hope you are having a fun time eating those cookies and making up weird TV shows. I've got one - how about CSI Raleigh ? Love you

Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney.
Ghost Whisperer is my favorite show and Jennifer Love Hewett is definitely my favorite actress.
I didn't know the show had dead people in it, but I don't follow the story line that closely.
On another note, Barb nailed the Final Jeapordy question without the answer last week.
Anxious to see you soon, Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

hi ck thanks for the info on the tim tams. can't wait to eat some.
love
sj

courtney said...

Dennis - that is exactly what fuels my CSI addition. I think it's that way for most people.

Kimmie - Yes. I love that Mr. T hates trees. Threes are total peaceniks, so I can see why he was at odds with them.

Kate! Hello Kate. I hope school is going well. I will be sure to have Grammy and Granddad bring you and Lindy some TimTams.

Dad - See you soon. What was the topic? What was the winning question? This is thrilling!

Mom - See you soon.