Saturday, February 9, 2008

Out of Africa

Back in December, I was in the Pilanesberg National Park, in South Africa. You might recall me blogging about my Elephant Safari. Well, part of the Elephant Safari is that they take a video of you so that you can show your mom when you get home. It is a full service deal.

The original is two hours long. Lucky for you, I work with this very friendly and extroverted fellow from Accenture's Sydney office named Alex. Alex is learning to use his new video editing software and was able to cut this down to 6 much more bearable minutes. Alex gets director and producer credits on the video above.

In other news, this week I worked a lot and went to Team Box training. The Team Box nationals squad for 2008 has been announced and I am on it. I am super psyched to be on the team again this year. The team is top notch and we should be a force.

Saturday night I went to a party at Mama's house, dressed at outer space.

Also, Jesse sent me season four of The Wire, (the best show ever made) so I am watching that compulsively. I wasn't sure I would even like this season with Stringer dead and Avon gone, but I never should have doubted David Simon. As long as Omar is in, I'm in.

Also in the mail bag was a postcard from Mara (hi Mara!) from Spokane an a save-the-date for Jen and Chip's wedding where I'll be a bride's maid.

I'm 5 weeks from regionals in Adelaide with Team Box and 6 weeks from going to Italy.

eeeee!

6 comments:

Paige said...

OMG, COURTNEY. you DID not just say that about Stringer and Avon. I am going back to watching season two and pretending that I did NOT just read that.

(congrats on Team Box!!)

Anonymous said...

elephants, the wire, italy and team box. you live a blessed life ms k.

Anonymous said...

thanks for blowing up the wire on me too. damn.

Anonymous said...

congrats on making team box.
go box !!!!!!!!!!!
will try to get the video to play.
have a great weekend
love
sj

courtney said...

paige and iggy, you cannot seriously be on my case for spoiling the end of season three when season five is now airing. i think stringer died in 2005. catch up people!

joe smash! - what is this pinata shout out? i feel so loved. hope all is well. yeah, australia is pretty rad.

hi mom. try the video on dad's computer. weekend was great. team box training. two parties. a run. nice weather.

Paige said...

Is it not still 2005?