Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Never Fold

Hussey and Joy with Jess' friend Garreth
Hussey's shot of (L to R) Garrith, Jess, Amanda, Joy and Tegan. Note the background poker game with Andrew, me and Troy
The poker game out of focus. I am almost out of chips. (Andrew, Rueben, Owen, Troy and Me.)

Party! Joy and Hussey got the visa application in and that's as good a reason as any to celebrate. I had a party in my apartment. The Phillips sisters (snail and cat) ran in to the city for the party from Camberwell (~10K). The Barr brothers did give them a ride home. Tegan, (here in front of Uluru) the resident parasitic pathologist PHD/pastry chef made a wonderful chocolate cake with peaches which we devoured. We also watched an AFL game (Essendon Bombers v. Brisbane Lions) as preseason of that is on again now. eeee!
Later we played some poker, where I brought my patented, "never fold" strategy to the game and stayed in longer than you would expect.
Status update: As usual I've been working, cycling, and playing disc. I'm playing league on Sebb Barr's team (X +1) Cheers For, where X= the number from the team name from last week. Team Box has just started mid-week training on Thursdays, in a Melbourne suburb appropriately named Box Hill. I'm staying up late at night to watch episodes of season 4 of The Wire. About a month to Italy.
I seem to have some throat thing going on. I am drinking tea and making soup.
Dinner tonight for Jacko's birthday at Shakahari. Some pub crawls /breweries on the weekend. Team Box training SUnday. Clap Your Hands on Monday at the HiFi.
Mail bag: Thanks to Paige, Marc, Moose and O for my Christmas tree! (You have to love the Australian mail service, mate.) Also to Mom for the Valentine candy and T-shirt. (Special to Lucas: I am promoting the Leopards down here in Melbourne!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi courtney,
looks like a great party. sorry i missed it.
snow and ice here. nasty ice storm coming tonight too.
i'm ready to come back ...!!!!!!
love
sj

Unknown said...

yet again another party at yours that I missed...
i'm pretty sure that i invited myslef to your place for dinner next week!! whats on the menu??