Monday, July 16, 2007

Tour

Quick update here. Next weekend is the National Training Camp in Sydney. I'll be doing drills and playing with the 40 or so women trying out for the Australian worlds team. I'll be in Sydney July 21-22.

The following weekend I'll be in Brisbane for the co-ed Halibut tournament (July 28-29). Brisbane is farther North and it should be quite warm up there. That should be a ton of fun.

The week in between I'll be away from Melbourne and away from work. Weeeeeeee!I may drive up the East coast, or I may fly up and park myself at a beach somewhere.

Updates may be a long time coming so now you are warned. I'll try to come back with some photos.

In other news, I'm watching a lot of the Tour de France. Like all international sporting events there is an Aussie in contention and the public is following the tour closely in the news. The Tour is on pubic TV live, every night from 11 PM until 3 AM. This conveniently replaces my late night Wimbledon addiction.

In addition to late night sports viewing, this week involved work, running, and swimming. I went to a Jazz place near my house which had a very Chicago feel. I also went to the MCG with 90 thousand other Melbournians to watch the Geelong Cats in an epic battle against the Collingwood Magpies. (The Cats prevailed.)

On Sunday, I did a little loop that included Brunch in Albert Park, an ocean side walk in St. Kilda glass of wine at a Fitzroy wine room, a brief stop at the ANZAC remembrance shrine,a quick check of the Royal Botanical Garden with the drought restrictions lifted, and a quick stop off at the National Gallery of Victoria to see how the Guggenheim looks down under. (Crowded.)

Hope everyone at home is having a great summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

home from the beach.
great trip.
everyone doing well.
lindy and kate are great shell hunters.
have a great trip and tryouts.
love you
sj

courtney said...

Hi Mom. Glad you had fun at the beach. My trip is going great, The national training camp was fantastic. Wilson's Prom, Katoomba, Wollongong, Myall's Point, Byron Bay: all beautiful. Next up Hallibut Tourney in Brisbane. I will post many detailed posts upon my return and resubmersion into internet culture.