Sunday, July 8, 2007

Lazy Americans

Lazy Americans! You take a Wednesday off in the middle of the week and now you want a post from me? Nice try. My 4th of July was uneventful.

All I can really tell you is that once again this week involved much going to work, some going to the pool, and some playing of ultimate. I also stayed up way too late many nights this week watching Wimbledon.

I had some co workers over to the corporate pad for sushi and nachos on Saturday afternoon while we watched the Collingwood Magpies overcome a 20 point (4 scores) deficit over the St. Kilda Saints in rainy and windy conditions. It was a great game.

After the game, I went out to celebrate a birthday for Teegan who's on the Victorian Squad with me. About 6 of us went to see the very scary documentary Jesus Camp (yes, Mara a second time for me) at the swank ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image) which is about 2 blocks from my house. They have a big pixar exhibit on now.

After the movie the Australians celebrated not being Americans by going out for Japanese food and then to the James Squire brewery for beers. It was a fun night.

The posts should pick up soon as it looks like I have a full slate of visitors lined up. Jesse will be here later in July. Sarah will be here in August. Sipper is passing through town on a whirlwind Australian tour and before I know it my Mother (and #1 comment poster) will be here with my Dad, Aunt Vicki and Uncle John. Look forward to thorough coverage of all those visitors.

Extra special thanks to Andy for this which reminds me that some good things do occasionally come out of the good ol' U. S. of A.

1 comment:

amy said...

Having Wed. off was great! You're just jealous...