Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Choc Tiny Bears







Above is the view from Michelle's house, Michelle, the beach, a tide pool, with creatures and some of Team Box (incl. me) in the 'hot tub'.

Weekend away in Wonthaggi was incredible. It was a 2 hour drive from downtown Melbourne. Michelle’s family’s beach house is a property inside a cattle farm. You go through 4 cattle gates to get there. There is a no development clause, to keep it from getting commercial, but if farmers had existing domiciles they are allowed to lease them out. There was plenty of space for the team in the basic cabin.

I’ve attached some of the pics here and put more up on Flickr.

We hung out. Played on the beach, made up a song about a carton of snack cookies and sang it for hours, sat in a ‘hot tub’ made up of couches and blankets, played the secret game and lots and lots of box-lid-goose, which is like ro-sham-bo (box traps the goose, lid shuts the box, and the goose eats the lid).

We practiced all day on Sunday at a nearby cricket pitch that was available out of season.

The best part was going to the beach. The beach was rocky and complex. The endless tide pools were filled with snails, star fish, anemone. I could have hunted in them all day. I saw a washed up dead penguin. It was sad and I didn’t take a picture. There were so many good shells it seemed silly to bother picking any up. If I ever run away from home looking in those tide pools would be a good way to spend some time.

2 comments:

amy said...

I was thinking that box-lid-goose is ridiculous because if the goose can eat the lid, how does putting it in a box help? But I guess roshambo doesn't make sense either (take that rock! I am wrapping you in a piece of paper and now you can't hurt me!) so I guess it's okay.

Anonymous said...

ck the pics are great. what a beautiful place.
i just spent several days looking in tide pools.great way to spend the day, especially if lindy and kate are in tow.
sj