Monday, October 7, 2013

Zanzibar Throwback Post

So, this is out of order (from August) , but I never told you about the cool old wooden doors in Stonetown.  These are on the fronts of most businesses and hotels.  They're only decorative now, but the story is that they were to discourage elephants from ramming in the doors.





Also, here's one of the saddest things I've seen all year.  I think you know how I feel about snickers bars.  They have been a major part of my survival this year when almost all the other foods I like are hard to find.  This is a photo of a *dedicated snicker's refrigerator* in the Dar Airport waiting area cafe.  Imagine my excitement upon seeing it (from a distance) and then my disappointment when up close I learn it contains 2 bounty bars and nothing else. Letdown central.  

You can see me taking the photo in the reflection of the empty fridge. That's my look of total disgust.

No comments: