Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Absolute Favorite Thing in the World

Eleanor Roosevelt Sings:






Mana Nkuko Wafashaga

Mana nkuko wasfashaga
Basogokuruza
Niko natwe uza dupacha
Mumyaka iri mbere

Umuyaga wi shuhe ri
Urawuturinda
Uzatubere ubuturo
Budashira iteka

Ker abo kwiringiraga
Bari mumohoro
Tugupite ntitwifuza
Undi murengezo



Yes, I know you can't see anything.  This is the lighting in the village.  It's light without light.  I can't explain it, but Rwandans can see by it.  The point is just to hear it.  They sing like this a lot, especially before we pray and it's beautiful and amazing and easy and not given a care by them.  This is my favorite song they sing and I asked them to sing it to me on our last family time together as a family this year.  I cried and cried.

We also discussed some great memories from the year, and they gave me beautiful handmade cards and an incredible clock that you'll be sure to see if you are ever in my home.  The girls danced for me, and sang and gave speeches of thanks.  Everyone.  I gave farewell remarks as well, but I can;t remember what I was saying, only trying to talk through the tears.

It was a sad night, but my thinking on it now is that it's really great to have a sad night that was planned and expected and not a trauma of any kind.  It's life.  It's natural. Comeza.



No comments: