Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mixed Nuts

I’m tired. Here’s a quick update.

Since NUFL 1 there was a week of work. I started making my own lunches for some reason which are pretty gross. This won’t last long.

Last weekend was a Mixed Nats qualifier. I played with Gary. We had a lot of fun. We beat two established teams (Honey Badgers and Mucous) and even gave Station 59 (Joy, Hussey, Liz, Chris, Jess, etc,) a decent game. (Tied at 5s, final 17-12). I played pretty well and handled a lot. I tied in the women’s MVP voting and got to split the spoils (a beer) with Mama (Lauren) which is pretty cool. Pretty much everyone on Gary is like a Freshman at Uni and there are also some juniors like Snail's
super cool sister Cat. The team is goofy and very positive and it was a lot of fun. Cute Kids.

After the tournament, we went to the beach near St. Kilda. The water was freezing and made my feet numb but Mel Jackson and Chris and Sebbo Barr got all the way in the ocean. Dave did a back flip on the sand despite an ankle too sore to play the second half of the finals against Station 59. I was suspect and biked off to the Gunn Island Hotel where we all watched two footy games and drank Bees Knees beer and ate bar food. It was a good Sunday.

NUFL 2 is coming up. I’m helping to organize “billets” which means a free place to crash with another ultimate player. It’s pretty common here and a uniquely Australian thing. No one makes hotel reservations. They all just couch surf around the country. Slackers!

I got a great card in the mail from my mom. Kelly humor is puntastic. Hippo Birdy Two Ewe. You get the idea. This card couples my mom’s essential criteria (a golden retriever on the front) with a Kelly pun. The golden on the front is standing in a baby pool. The text inside reads, “You’re the one I waded for.” I laughed.

My parents will be here in early October. We’ll be checking out Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road and the Yarra Wine Valley. I am preparing for the impact.


This weekend will involve VOS practice, a party at Joy & Hussey’s house and watching some footy.

Congrats to Ambush for finally getting over on Godiva.
Congrats to Lindy for her first day of Kindergarten.

Thanks to Jesse for passing on this link of the AFL player who is trying out as punter for the eagles: Sav Rocca


Have a great Labor Day you lazy Americans.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lap top back in kichen so I was getting caught up. Girls great and getting big. Even tall??? were is that from. Went to an exhibit on wind today with Lindy. Must say wind is a little boring with children. It may not be better with adults. We miss you and will now stay updated!! Lynn

Anonymous said...

hi court. sis speaking. we have our computer back and I've ceased being slack. good to see you're doing well. we love you and miss you.

lynn

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
Congrats on the MVP voting. Winning a beer can't be all bad. We are planning and looking forward to the trip.
Love, Dad.

Anonymous said...

hi ck, can't wait to visit.
i'm not going in the water at st. kilda
abbey and maggie send warm licks
sj

courtney said...

lynn, glad you got your online presence back in the kitchen. i'll be looking for pics of the new kindergartner on lindy's page.

Mom & Dad: see you soon. I am working out all the reservations. I'll be in touch soon.