Saturday, June 2, 2007

Some time off work!

I finally took a few days off work. It's been since I went to Make A Wish DisneyWorld last year since I took a week off. I am having a great time.I went about 10 minutes up the 55 tram to see the Melbourne zoo. It is great. There are three baby tigers there who live in a nice big enclosure with their mom. They stalk each other and play and are very active. It was very entertaining and I watched them for at least 30 minutes. I could do that all day. The zoo has pretty much everything else you would expect, Koalas, Platypus, Elephants, Giraffes, Zebras, a wide range of Apes, 4 large male Lions, and a Kangaroo petting zoo.




I also went to check out Sydney. Here is some photographic proof. They sure are proud of this bridge and opera house. I walked across the bridge. It made me homesick for the Brooklyn Bridge. It was sunny and pretty in Sydney and I took a 30 minute ferry from Circle Quay to Manley, which is a world famous beach. Surf school was open and there were about 50 surfers catching 5 or 6 foot waves. A colleague (thanks Carl!) had recommended a drink in the Blue Horizon bar on the 36th floor of the Shang Ri La hotel. That afforded a beautiful view of the city skyline. There are a number of nice places to eat surrounding Darling harbour where you can sit outside and eat and watch sailboats and ferries dance around in the water.

Last night I went to a party at Mel Jackson's house, in the theme of T. Everyone came in great costumes including a Tarzan, a Tinkerbell, a Tripper, a Tourist, a tree Hugger, a set of Twins and a Terrorist. I started out Tipsy, but left Trashed. Thanks Mel!
Thanks to Amy for passing on this great site where you can watch lots of TV shows on high speed. It's a pretty good way to lose 20 hours. http://www.tv-links.co.uk/.

While I'm impressed with LaKing, I'm still hoping the Pistons can wake up and win this series. If you have to put all 5 guys on him, just stop Labron. That's all. Gome on guys.

(Good luck to Puppet Regime at Co-Ed easterns.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Courtney!!!