Friday, June 28, 2013

Some brief fun updates...

I went to the Western part of Rwanda to Kibuye this past weekend to chillax at Lave Kivu.  It is super gorgeous there, as you can see here:



Saturday night I camped on Amahoro Island.  I don't usually love camping but I actually had a really great time.  This was my bunk mate:

He seemed scary at first, but was really focused on building the nest so we got along okay.



In other news, for Miki's birthday he chased everyone around with one of the village's new javelins in his birthday skirt.  Tradition is really important here.


My favorite Jewish Carpenter, Avi, made this cross for the upcomong gravesite rededication for Jeannette. Thanks Avi!

Miki and Avi also welded a new barbecue from scratch which is pretty amazing:

All very inspiring.  Anne (the founder) is in the village this week, so it's sure to be quite busy.

No comments: