Saturday, November 6, 2010

It seems that despite my expectations, life goes on. We've had a funeral mass in Myersville, MD in September and commitment ceremony down at Oak Island, NC last weekend on his birthday. Both were very sad.

So many of you have called, written and sent cards. Thanks so much. I haven't replied to most of you, I just don't know what to say and I don't really like talking about it. Of course we miss him terribly. The initial shock is wearing off and the dull realization of the new reality is setting in. I still forget most of the time, and catch myself thinking that I need to tell Dad about something I saw on Sportscenter. Support from so many people has really meant a lot and made this time more bearable.

Mostly, I feel tired and listless and not interested in much, so there's not much to blog about. We are getting ready for Thanksgiving, which will be at Mom's house and will certainly be very strange.

No comments: