Friday, March 12, 2010

Life Fail?

There's nothing like running intervals by yourself in the rain to make you take a little life assessment.

Things are not going well.

I lazed out again today and did 10 hard minutes, which is apparently my favorite way to limp through pretending to cross train. Not sure who I'm fooling or why I bother. I guess since all my friends moved away or got hurt I need to get a trainer. I hate having to pay for friends. Doesn't anyone want to get into game shape?

Tomorrow I am doing a Snertz, in the rain. By myself. Hoo-ray. Maybe I will try to get the slumlord in on that, but he says he is 'retired'.

I got fired. I am no longer a famous west coast internet personality. Now I am just a schmuck like all of you. The slumlord is still working on my new business cards, so I guess I'll still get ones that say, "Famous West Cost Internet Personality" with a strikethrough, and "Just a Nobody Like You" below that. My editor tells me that there is no more money for freelance writers and I have heard enough about the death of the newspaper to believe him. It was really fun while it lasted and thanks for checking out my posts.

Yesterday at 6:30 AM at practice some of the girls on my wayward High School team asked if we could just stop practice and watch the boys. This makes me sick and sad. I cannot imagine asking any of my high school coaches this. What are they thinking? They must think I am such a joke, and they must also not want to get any better which is at least part of the reason we are so much worse than the Bad News Bears.

I hate the off season! 22 days until Fools with Flash Taco.

That reminds me of the old days and made me want to throw this up:

Oh My! Mel feeding baby Ezra who is now 5?!?!? Since then Goldy's married and knocked up. And Tucker is married?!?!?! And Brenda is married!!!!! LP and Jess have both gone off to and finished (?) med school at Emory. Taliesin is married and Michelle had a baby and got married. Kim Koo and Becca got married and retired. Crystal tore 2 (TWO!) ACLs. Erica retired and Redhook got an IKEA. RIP Ambush.

Tonight I am going to MSG to see the Hoyas play Marquette. Hoya Saxa! I am getting all geared up for March Madness.

7 comments:

Ali said...

i miss ambush. :( i meant to tell you, i am running a little bit now so maybe i can come jump in a barrel of snakes with you in a few weeks!

dorko said...

a) you should move to philly
b) you should move to philly and take up rock climbing with me
c) you should move to philly, take up rock climbing, and we can go run intervals
d)you should move to philly, take up rock climbing, we can go run intervals, and then we can eat cheesesteaks unless it's apple mondays or vegetarian tuesdays or similar

HerrSlam said...

I guess I would argue that the conclusions one reaches in a "life assessment" reflection the conditions under which one conducted aforementioned assessment. Hence, a gut-check while running intervals solo in the rain: sub-optimal. A similar exercise in introspection during the post-coital glow (e.g.): potentially far better.

Move to DC and play with Jen. She's not pregnant.

Lizzeepp said...

This is Goldy--your post seems to make me think we should have an ambush rip party or i could just come to ny and visit. Adding to the list..Mel has a 2nd child that is pretty old. Wonder what happened to Michelle's dog?

Jessica said...

I'm not yet done with med school and Ambush remains the most fun by 10 million miles team that I've played on. We should have an ambush RIP party that involves karaoke and dancing and perhaps some naughty behavior. Moms and married ladies included!

courtney said...

ali, i am waiting. come jump in the snake barrel with me. we'll miss you so much at fools.

dorks, i do love philly and you know the nyc roots are pretty shallow these days. do you live in a 2 bdr? i would feed pascal for you. see you at fools! oh yeah, let's talk about fruit monday. i'm expanding that to fruit and nut monday. (and maybe cheesesteaks.)

courtney said...

chip, you are so consistent. you are always telling me to get more tail. that does not qualify you as a life coach. noted that there is now one vote for me to move to philly and one for me to move to dc. see you and jen at fools!

gooooooaaaaaaaaalllllddyyyyyyyy! congats again on the baby bump. hope you can come out and show it off at fools. i know right, willa is almost 3 and totally beautiful (like mel). i bet michelle has that yippie little dog with here in denver with the baby and husband. (and now she hand makes all three of them organic food.)

flo! welcome to 'spondence. okay, okay i was exaggerating a little, but you are almost done. yes, let's have an ambush reunion party. maybe at a tournament?