Thursday, December 11, 2008

mild update on my 'life'

Greetings. What can I tell you?

I am pretty much finished with my holiday shopping. The only thing left is that I have been looking for US Senate vacancies on eBay. There are a couple of seats I have my eye on so I guess we’ll see how the bidding goes at the last minute.

Also, if you haven’t finished your holiday shopping yet, Jesse suggests this item, which is truly appropriate for anyone, and has a low carbon footprint.

It will shock no one to report that Minneapolis was cold. Work was work. I am back working in NY for now and won’t have to go back to Minneapolis until January. I didn’t do or see anything while I was there, save the inside of my hotel room and my client’s corporate headquarters. I did not even visit Camp Snoopy in the Mall of Americas. Mostly the cold suppresses any and all exploration urges but not having a car dampens my roaming around as well.

Last weekend Chip & Jen were in town visiting but I barely got to see them as they had a whirlwind schedule and I was quite busy as well. We had the Ambush end of season banquet and it was great to see everyone, eat waaay too much and shake it to our favorites. We are really a dance troupe that plays ultimate to cross-train.

Last weekend I also went to a Knicks game at the garden to see my (ex)boyfriend AI with his new team the Pistons and it really did not work out. (Abysmal no-name Knicks prevail.) I am hoping it is a timing thing and that he has not jumped the shark.

Stephen has offered this comment on AI as a means of explanation. Scroll down for Allen.

The Eagles also beat the Giants which was an unexpected source of much joy.

Other than work and watching sports things have been pretty quiet. Ultimate is in the off season and my hamstring is appreciating that.

The only other major update for me is that I have joined this decade and purchased an iPhone (Leroy). I love him. It is the best thing that has happened to my life in years. I compulsively download apps for it (I love Lux Touch and Around Me). The e-mail interface is better that the one on my laptop. There’s basically nothing he can’t do as far as I can tell. Airport delays are just more time to surf, mail, play games and listen to audio. I’m a happy-camper.

This coming weekend should be busy with some visitors in town from Australia and a holiday brunch. MNF is my birds hosting the Browns which they absolutely must win and are completely capable of losing. I’ll be yelling at the TV with my hands over my eyes, like any Philly fan.

For Christmas I’ll be in Raleigh with my nieces, the Gupton girls. I am looking forward to seeing them and they are looking forward to Santa’s arrival. I have been running queries against the naughty/nice database and it seems they are both in good shape.


It’s almost time to draft this year’s holiday letter. In order to be prepared, be sure check out last year’s letter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Courtney.

I'm glad you are back in NYC for the next few weeks. Minneapolis is preparing to be extra cold if that is possible.

As you probably know, there are tour buses to the Mall of A from downtown. I think they run about every half hour.

Please remember to be careful with the Force during the Eagle's game.That coach of really stupid. I found out that the remote shatters when it hits the TV screen. The alternative would be much worse. Anyway it's a pain to have to get up to change channels after the game.
Circuit City sells a decent remote for $10.

Love, Dad

Rueben said...

The tune you'll be humming forever
All the words are replaced and wrong
With a shower of "Yes" and "Whatever"s
You traded me away long gone

courtney said...

Hi Dad - Good advice about the remote. The Eagles have reeled me back in to this season just enough to really depress me by losing to the skins this weekend. In preparation I've covered my TV screen in bubble wrap.

Also, it's not every day that one gets a blog comment from the President. The President of the Victorian Flying Disc Associatin. that is. Hi Rueben! I hope your summer is going great. "For the love of a god, you say,
not a letter from an occupant."