Saturday, May 31, 2008

We on award tour with muhammad my man...

Hey. I am in North Carolina. It is good to be back in the states. I have been dealing with by overseas cravings for Strawberry Pop Tarts and Little Powdered Donuts. Thirst quenched.

One night in NYC was waaaaay to short, but it was great to see Jesse, Ben and Caitlin and Curtiss. I had a proper brunch on my way out. Look out NYC. I'll be back in July.

Then I spent some time with my family in Oak Island North Carolina. I got to see my much much much older sister (love you Lynn) have another birthday and also her now teenager-in-training daughters Kate and Lindy. It was good to sit on the beach and play in the sand.

Now I am at the Grandover Resort at Jen and Chip's wedding in Greensboro. I lived here from aged 2-4 or so and it is all coming right back to me: the nightlife, the wooden furniture...

I've had a pedicure, a back yard barbecue at Jen's parents' beautiful home and a night out on the 'town' with the bridal party where we made Jen do body shots off strange men and then we shook it all night to Bell Biv Devoe. Oh yes. That girl is poison.

We've had a rehersal brunch, and next is the rehersal and the rehersal dinner. Sunday will be the primping, photos and wedding. Look out.

I fly back to Melbourne on Monday morning but I don't arrive until Wednesday morning, so you go twice as hard on Tuesday for me, since I won't be having one.

Kobe is no Magic so don't tell me that again. Only Paul Pierce can save me now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mate
well it seems that my procrastinating at work by trawling the afda site has paid off with this little find...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Can't wait til you get back for a birthday shandy or two.
mama

Anonymous said...

Dang, someone beat me to wishing you a happy bday!! In order not to lose that again, I am going to go ahead and wish you a Happy Birthday for Next Year....
-Douglas-

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!
It was so good to see you again.

Nahkia

amy said...

Congrats to Jen and Chip! Hope you had fun at the wedding and enjoyed being back in the states.

courtney said...

mama - thanks for the birhday wishes. i think you're the ONLY aussie to suss this out so you win the prize! (and everyone else is in trouble)

Douglas, thanks for checking back on me. i just hit my 10 year mark at ACN. Can you beleive that? Time flies!

Nahkia - Thanks so much. It was great to see you at the beach. Tell Andre I said hello and good luck with the new job!

Amy - Great to hear from you. Hope all is well on the west coast.