Saturday, November 9, 2013

Catching up on some Photos


Hi there.  Just checking in with a few photos from the phone.  

Crystal Cola is popular in Rwanda and you can buy it for take away in most of the tiny shops around:
IMHO, Our friends at Crystal may have some copyright and trademark discussions around their choice of font.
They are real, check them out here.




This sign is at a sports club in Kigali.  I was terrified for a while, but now I think it is a typo for a 'cap'.


Eleanor Roosevelt lives two houses away from my house, but right next to the boy cousin's house.  About 10 feet apart. All my girls are in love with the boy cousins, in a cute way.  (Mostly Avi & Miki.)  It's possible someone in the photo below has a little crush:
Adelphine and Avi

Remember the first day of school?  Here's some of Eleanor Roosevelt on the last day of school, getting their report cards.  
Yvonne, Josiane, Violette, Grace and Samila
They were also assigned combinations (like Math, Chemistry and Physics) or (History, Economics and Geography) and these are the only subjects they'll study for the next three years of high school. I'll be honest, there were some tears.

Doing laundry during grading week after exams:
Yvonne, Josiane, Josiane and Adelphine
After you wash your clothing you can just spread them on the ground to dry.  It works just fine.  It really does.  Also, as I assume I've mentioned before, you can wash your shoes after every wearing just like clothing.

Remember Immaculee?  She's finished with secondary school now, and she is glad:
Immaculee after her last National Exam
So, the kids are done with exams and leaving or left and I am working in the village for a few more weeks with a select group of Sr. 6 kids on TOEFL prep and university scholarship applications.  It's crazy and stressful and pretty amazing.  More on ER soon.  

I played pick up in Kigali the other day.  The girls are amazing. Like really aggressive on D and can put it.  It was awesome.  Also, I am old and out of shape.

Hope you are doing well.  I guess the global warming scientist can say I told you so now about the super storms for the Nth time (Sandy, Katrina, Hayian).  I wish that were worth a dern.

No comments: