Sunday, September 2, 2007

Slackers

Happy Labor Day you slackers. It is not a holiday here, so I'll be at work, laboring.

I seem to have broken my coccyx bone again for a third time. I'm not sure how. I think this is just being old. It is pretty impossible to sit or lie on my back. It happened at work.

Luckily, in this day and age there is an online community for everything. This is my newest social peer group. Seriously gripping reading.

This weekend involved a lot of lying on my stomach, a half birthday for Joy and Jacko at 54 Laity and VOS training.

This was the last weekend of the regular season of AFL. The top 8 (of 16) make the "finals" (the playoffs). They will work toward the Grand Final (super bowl) over the next few weekends.

It's a little wack. Next weekend: 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3, 5 plays 8 and 7 plays 6. The losers of the 5/8 and the 7/6 game are eliminated. The winners of the 1/4, 2/3 get a bye next weekend. The losers of the 1/4, 2/3 play the winners of 5/8 & 7/6. So two weekend from now... lets say everyone holds seed. 4 will play 6 and 3 will play 5. The winners of those games will play the two teams who had a bye, and the winners of those games will play each other in the grand final. If you go back and read this paragraph 5 more times it still won't make any sense. Sorry.

Next weekend is the NUFL 2 tournament. The weekend after that I'll throw a finals party.

It's warm here and spring is coming on full force.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo. You can't exactly put a cast on that either.

Anonymous said...

sorry . that hurts.
i did that once when i was thrown from a horse during a lesson. as i think think about this, i'v done that more than once.
think donut.
we are all excited a bout our trip.
sj

free berde said...

if it's any consolation, i was working (laboring) on labor day. i actually thought of you because i think i'm turning into you. i know it's a scary thought, and i think i'll try to send you a real email soon, but i've been working insane hours, like you used to. in any case, i miss you cmfk. keep up the good posting :)

courtney said...

Paul, yeah but if I could get a cast for my coccyx bone, I'd get everyone to sign it.

Mom, see you soon.

Mara, please do not overwork. I am not a role model. Trust me, you don't want to end up like me. At least you are working for a good (Zionist) cause.

Romer, yeah I would say Australia is about as good as anyplace I can be. It's no taking your goldfish trick-or-treating or anything, but for this planet, it'll do.